Membership in the Federation shall be open to government entities, institutions, associations, organizations or corporate bodies whose activities, duties or responsibilities are such as to cause them to be interested in the science and practice of land surveying and geomatics.
An application for membership of the Federation shall be sponsored by two members, one of whom shall be an Institutional Member and shall be submitted on the prescribed membership application form as approved by Council from time to time containing all details required thereon.
- The membership application form shall be submitted to the Secretary General who shall cause the application to be placed before the Council for consideration.
- The membership application shall be approved by Council by simple majority decision at its meeting.
- Honorary President shall be conferred by Council based on a recommendation by the President to the Council and carried by two-third majority decision at its meeting. There shall be no application for Honorary President.
Every application that has been approved as aforesaid shall, and only upon payment of the prescribed entrance fee and annual subscription, be admitted as a member of the Federation and shall thereafter be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
The rights and privileges of membership are as follows:
- Each Institutional Member shall be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to membership for a vote by ballot.
- The vote of the Institutional Members shall be exercised through its authorized representative.
- Election to the Council of the Federation shall be the privilege of the Institutional, Corporate, Academic and Associate Members provided that there shall not be more than four (4) Corporate, Academic and Associate Members in total in Council at any one time.
- The office of the President, Senior Vice President, Vice President, Secretary General and Treasurer shall be the sole privilege of Institutional Members.
- Corporate Members, Academic Members, Associate Members and Honorary Presidents shall be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership in the Federation except theright to vote.